7 Days Before
Stop all blood thinners, NSAIDS, all dietary supplements, over-the-counter vitamins, and herbal remedies 7 days prior to your surgery.
The Day Before
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
The Day Of
- Do not eat or drink anything, unless instructed otherwise.
- You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth, but spit out all the liquid.
- Take a bath or shower the morning of surgery, but DO NOT use any powder, lotion, deodorant, perfume, or aftershave.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Bring an adult family member or friend to drive you home after your surgery.
- Leave valuables, including jewelry and watches at home.
- Please remove all body piercing jewelry and leave it at home.
- Please do not wear contact lenses or make-up.
- Please bring all your medications with you.
- Please bring your brace with you.
- Please arrive promptly at the time you were instructed. This time is approximately 2 hours prior to your procedure, and is necessary so that the staff can prepare you for surgery.
- Bring your driver’s license or ID and insurance information.
- You will meet with the admitting clerk of the surgical facility to complete your insurance information.